Meat Cutter Trainee
Location: All Retail Locations
Job ID: Meat Cutter Trainee
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, and clean equipment. They also greet customers and answer questions. Attention to detail is particularly important for meat cutter trainees because Publix has high standards of food safety, associate safety, and product quality. This role prepares trainees for meat cutter positions at Publix.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions.
- Cutting and preparing meat.
- Obtaining additional skills to increase proficiency.
- Dynamically selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Helping to verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks.
- Maintaining, filling and rotating product in meat cases.
- Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to coolers.
- Maintaining Publix’s high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting.
- Cleaning equipment.
- Assisting in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Able to work well with others as a team member.
- Previous experience at Publix
- A passion for serving people.
A meat cutter apprentice’s duties are performed primarily in the cutting room with the temperature ranging from 40 to 50 degrees at all times. Work includes lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time. This includes safely operating tools and meat department equipment, along with interacting with customers and associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Cleaning & Sanitation
Custodians are crucial in creating a safe shopping environment. They are responsible for performing custodial duties and minor maintenance jobs throughout the store. They also assist customers and provide premier customer service.Retail
Catering & Event Planning
Catering consultants are responsible for overseeing the event planning service at select retail locations. This includes consulting with businesses and home shoppers to plan various functions, working with departments to ensure orders are completed, and coordinating pick up and/or delivery …Retail
Our cashiers play a critical role in providing premier customer service. As the most visible of our associates, they greet our customers and answer their questions in a friendly manner. We rely on them to ensure the correct price is …Retail
Our Bakery Clerks devote their attention to offering eye-catching fresh Bakery products, including breads, rolls, and more.