Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Cake Decorator
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
Our professional cake decorators create beautiful, award-winning cakes, pies, pastries, and other desserts. Attention to detail and commitment to our high standards, food safety, and associate safety are particularly important to this role. Decorators are devoted to providing the best customer service, from helping customers design cakes for special occasions such as weddings, to greeting customers and answering their questions. A desire to help others and be part of the team is key to be successful in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and prices products for island refrigerator cases.
- Ices, decorates, trays, and maintains product in freezer and refrigerated showcases.
- Fills customer special orders, including wedding cakes.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Operates the Bakery department mixer.
- Follows Publix’s guidelines for cake decorators and maintain Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Organizes and rotates stock in the decorator’s freezer.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Assists with the delivery and setup of wedding cakes as needed.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience as a Publix decorator apprentice or equivalent experience outside of Publix.
- Knowledge of decorating.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others as a team member.
- Previous experience working at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Cake Decorators perform their duties primarily in the Bakery. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work involves walking, standing, bending, and lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85% of the work day.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, …Retail
Front Service Clerk
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important role in ensuring complete customer satisfaction whether they're greeting a customer, providing carryout service to a customer's vehicle, or helping …Retail
A beverage clerk creates and serves various types of blended drinks at beverage bars located in select store locations. Duties include taking customers' orders and serving beverages as well as operating coffee machines, blenders, and checkout stands. A desire to …Retail
Teamwork is the key to success for entry-level Deli associates. They receive and organize Deli products, create sandwich masterpieces, prepare platters, and stock Grab & Go cases while working with their team to process online and in-person orders accurately and …