From our stock ownership plan and health plans to our annual holiday cash bonuses, our benefits are part of what make Publix a great place to work.
Core benefits for all Publix associates.
- Employee stock ownership plan that makes retirement contributions in Publix stock each year at no cost
- Opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately held stock
- Annual holiday cash bonus
- Weekly pay for all hourly associates
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a matching contribution
- Group health plan (with prescription and telehealth benefits)
- Group vision plan
- Group dental plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free annual flu shots at the Publix Pharmacy
- Credit union membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Service awards
- Employee assistance program
- Advancement opportunities with our promote-from-within philosophy
Additional benefits for eligible full-time associates.
- Vacation, bereavement, and jury duty pay
- Six paid holidays
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Bereavement pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Holiday exchange (select another day off when you work a holiday)
- Job class training provides every new store associate with structured, on-the-job training facilitated by a designated expert within the associate’s department, as well as a reference library for ongoing support.
- Formal mentoring programs are available for new retail managers and new support staff associates. These programs emphasize the importance of continuous learning and allow us to share our Publix culture with those new to our company or new to management.
- Ongoing development occurs throughout the year. Associates receive targeted training related to new initiatives to update the way an associate performs their job.
- Leadership development programs provide the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully fulfill the role of managing and leading others. Examples of topics included in our leadership programs include mastering effective communication, exploring leadership styles, handling conflict resolution, and coaching others to success.
- Technical and operational training programs are provided to ensure our managers are proficient in the technical and business aspects of managing their departments. Examples include a national food safety training and certification program, CPR/AED, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, store accounting/profit and loss, and department-specific business operations training courses.
- All associates have access to a library of books, videos, and CDs that support personal development and growth. These materials support areas such as building effective relationships, focusing on self-improvement, driving results and increasing productivity, making decisions, planning strategy, promoting change, and managing talent.
- Free, hot lunches served buffet–style for corporate, manufacturing, and distribution associates who work at facilities with a cafeteria
- Discounts on goods and services, including computers and electronics, wireless phones and services, vehicles, hotels, movies, theme parks, apparel, and gym memberships
- Business casual attire at most non-store locations
- Free parking
Other financial assistance.
Tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance is available for interns from certified culinary schools.
Named Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For
We are honored to have been selected as one of Fortune‘s 100 Best Companies to Work For since its inception in 1998. Learn more about our achievements and award-winning culture.