Meat Cutter / Butcher
Location: All Retail Locations
Job ID: Meat Cutter/Butcher
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Publix meat cutters, or butchers, cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Attention to detail is particularly important for this role because Publix has high standards for product safety, food safety, and associate safety. Our meat cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. It’s not unusual for one of our meat cutters to share a recipe, recommend the best way to prepare a cut of meat, or offer to split a package so the customer can take home the exact quantity that they want.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Cuts and prepares all varieties and cuts of meat while operating tools safely.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Helps to verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks.
- Maintains, fills, and rotates product in meat cases.
- Moves meat from coolers to cutting area and returns cut meat to coolers.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trimming, and cutting.
- Cleans equipment.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience as a Publix meat cutter apprentice or equivalent work experience outside of Publix.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous experience at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Meat cutters perform their duties primarily in the cutting room, where the temperature ranges from 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit at all times. Work involves lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Grocery Clerk (Stocker)
Our Grocery Clerks (or Stockers) ensure proper presentation of products on store shelves and in cases. They also provide friendly customer assistance in their assigned sections of the store.Retail
Teamwork is the key to success for entry-level Deli associates. They receive and organize Deli products, create sandwich masterpieces, prepare platters, and stock Grab & Go cases while working with their team to process online and in-person orders accurately and …Retail
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, …Retail
Front Service Clerk
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important role in ensuring complete customer satisfaction whether they're greeting a customer, providing carryout service to a customer's vehicle, or helping …