Cake Decorator Trainee
Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Cake Decorator Trainee
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent customer service, they work closely with customers and help them order cakes, answer questions, and make product recommedations. This role helps trainees prepare for a career as a Publix cake decorator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and prices products for island refrigerator cases.
- Fills customer special orders, including wedding cakes.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Operates the Bakery department mixer.
- Follows Publix’s guidelines for cake decorators and maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Organizes and rotates stock in the decorator’s freezer.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Cake decorator apprentices perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and environments. Work involves walking, standing, and lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85 percent of the work day, as well as interacting with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Our professional bakers make the beautiful and delicious baked goods that Publix is known for. Whether they’re helping a customer create the perfect cake for their occasion or choose a freshly baked baguette, they play an important role in ensuring …Retail
Meat Cutter / Butcher
Publix Meat Cutters cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Our Meat Cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible.Retail
Front Service Clerk
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important role in ensuring complete customer satisfaction whether they're greeting a customer, providing carryout service to a customer's vehicle, or helping …Retail
Our cashiers play a critical role in providing premier customer service. As the most visible of our associates, they greet our customers and answer their questions in a friendly manner. We rely on them to ensure the correct price is …