Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Baker
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
Our professional bakers make the beautiful and delicious baked goods that Publix is known for. Whether they’re helping a customer create the perfect cake for their occasion or choose a freshly baked baguette, they play an important role in ensuring our customers are completely satisfied. A desire to help others, work on a team, take on new responsibilities, and maintain our high standards for product freshness and sanitation is key to be successful in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Prepares baked goods using written recipes.
- Loads and unloads large baking ovens and operates other Bakery equipment.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience as a Publix Baker Apprentice or equivalent work experience outside of Publix.
- Knowledge of baking.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Bakers perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work involves walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination, and interaction with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Our professional bakers make the beautiful and delicious baked goods that Publix is known for. Whether they’re helping a customer create the perfect cake for their occasion or choose a freshly baked baguette, they play an important role in ensuring …Retail
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, …Retail
A beverage clerk creates and serves various types of blended drinks at beverage bars located in select store locations. Duties include taking customers' orders and serving beverages as well as operating coffee machines, blenders, and checkout stands. A desire to …Retail
From blooms to balloons, our Floral Clerks ensure proper care and presentation of our flower and plant products and balloons. They provide provide friendly assistance to customers who visit the Floral department in search of just the right gift or …