Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Beverage Service
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
A beverage clerk creates and serves various types of blended drinks at beverage bars located in select store locations. Duties include taking customers’ orders and serving beverages as well as operating coffee machines, blenders, and checkout stands. A desire to help others and deliver premier customer service is key to success in this role.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver premier customer service
- Ability to read and do simple math problems and
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets customers and responds to their questions.
- Assists customers and delivers premier customer service.
- Performs daily routine inspections of work areas.
- Takes customer orders at the counter.
- Follows recipes to produce various drink and blended product orders based on customer requests.
- Tenders orders from beverage bar.
- Accepts payment and counts back the change, when appropriate.
- Handles cash and other tenders accurately.
- Completes the following in locations that serve alcohol (depending on age and location):
• Checks all customer IDs for alcoholic beverage purchases.
• Executes “cut-off” drinking policy.
• Executes drunkenness responses/policy as needed.
• Monitors and ensures alcoholic drink orders are not passed on to minors.
• Sanitizes and fills growlers sold at the beverage bar or presented by the customer.
• Replaces wine and beer kegs.
- Dynamically sells product through the following:
• Describes products and services to customers.
• Discusses product needs with customer.
• Responds to customers’ questions and provides them with information needed to make product-related decisions maintains products and supplies in an orderly manner.
- Changes signage for price tags, new products, and seasonal products.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and service area
- Keeps the mezzanine seating area neat and clean (where applicable).
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Operates various equipment safely (equipment depends on location; may include ovens, blenders, coffee makers, espresso machines, milk steamers, wine, and beer kegs).
- Merchandises product in venue based on plan provided by Starbucks (Starbucks locations only).
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
At the job interest screen of the application, select Beverage Service.
Front Service Clerk
Our front service clerks, or baggers, are one of the reasons why customers shop at Publix. They play an important role in ensuring complete customer satisfaction whether they're greeting a customer, providing carryout service to a customer's vehicle, or helping …Retail
A beverage clerk creates and serves various types of blended drinks at beverage bars located in select store locations. Duties include taking customers' orders and serving beverages as well as operating coffee machines, blenders, and checkout stands. A desire to …Retail
Teamwork is the key to success for entry-level Deli associates. They receive and organize Deli products, create sandwich masterpieces, prepare platters, and stock Grab & Go cases while working with their team to process online and in-person orders accurately and …Retail
Cake Decorator Trainee
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent customer service, they work closely with customers and help them order cakes, answer questions, and make product recommedations. This role …