Meat & Seafood
Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Meat & Seafood
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Meat clerks focus on maintaining quality lunch meat and cheese cases. Seafood clerks are responsible for maintaining quality seafood cases. Both clerks ensure proper presentation of their cases, sell products, offer consistent high quality customer service, and unload trucks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Orders proper amount of product for lunch meat and cheese case.
- Unloads trucks and verifies deliveries.
- Fills lunch meat and cheese section as needed.
- Rotates product within date and properly displays it in refrigerated cases.
- Assists customers and delivers premier customer service.
- Dynamically sells products through the following:
- Describes products and services to customers.
- Discusses product needs with customers.
- Responds to customers’ questions and provides them with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Verifies ad prices, hangs current sale signs, and removes out-of-date sale signs.
- Performs routine price changes on lunch meat and cheese products.
- Identifies, trays, wraps, scales and labels products in the meat department.
- Cleans section, sweeps and mops sales area and stock room.
- Sets up displays.
- Fulfills sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Operates pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor, electronic meat wrapper and scale.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- Cuts and prepares seafood products for sale.
- Assists in ordering proper amount of product for the seafood department.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problems and
- Ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions and solve problems.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, …Retail
Meat Cutter / Butcher
Publix Meat Cutters cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Our Meat Cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible.Pharmacy
A Publix Pharmacy Technician goes beyond simply dispensing medications—our technicians play a key role in our patients’ overall health and well-being.Retail
Cake Decorator Trainee
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent customer service, they work closely with customers and help them order cakes, answer questions, and make product recommedations. This role …