Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Baker Trainee
Date Posted: Jun 07, 2023
In this entry-level store job, our baker trainees learn to make delicious, high-quality Bakery products and provide outstanding customer service. This role prepares trainees to be professional bakers. Trainees greet customers, answer their questions, and recommend products for them to try. A desire to help others, deliver friendly, prompt service, and learn our high standards for product freshness and sanitation is key to success in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares baked goods using written recipes.
- Operates Bakery equipment.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Baker trainees perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and environments. Work involves walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, hand-eye coordination, and interaction with customers and associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
At the job interest screen of the application, select Baker Trainee.
Catering & Event Planning
Catering consultants are responsible for overseeing the event planning service at select retail locations. This includes consulting with businesses and home shoppers to plan various functions, working with departments to ensure orders are completed, and coordinating pick up and/or delivery …Retail
Meat Cutter / Butcher
Publix Meat Cutters cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Our Meat Cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible.Pharmacy
A Publix Pharmacy Technician goes beyond simply dispensing medications—our technicians play a key role in our patients’ overall health and well-being.Retail
Our Produce Clerks are devoted to ensuring mouthwatering presentation of our produce and providing friendly assistance to customers who visit the department.