Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Produce Clerk
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Our produce clerks ensure our produce is neatly stocked and showcased for our customers. Clerks unload trucks and work closely with customers, from greeting them and answering their questions, to helping them locate products and making recommendations. The desire to help others and ability to follow our high quality product, safety, and sanitation standards are key to being successful in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Fills and rotates produce cases and dry tables.
- Unloads product from trucks.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Breaks down pallets and separates produce for sales floor, cooler, and back room prep areas.
- Processes and/or wraps produce items prior to filling cases and dry tables.
- Verifies ads, hangs current sale signs, and removes out-of-date sale signs.
- Performs routine price changes on products.
- Processes Value Added Items for Produce Specialty section.
- Operates pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor, and scrub machine.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 16 years of age.
- At least 18 years of age to use sharp knives, powered equipment, or ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous work experience at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Produce clerks perform their duties primarily in the sales, prep, and backdoor receiving areas. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work requires hand-eye coordination, repetitive arm and hand movements, safe use of knives and a pineapple corer, and frequent interaction with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Meat Cutter / Butcher
Publix Meat Cutters cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Our Meat Cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible.Retail
Catering & Event Planning
Catering consultants are responsible for overseeing the event planning service at select retail locations. This includes consulting with businesses and home shoppers to plan various functions, working with departments to ensure orders are completed, and coordinating pick up and/or delivery …Retail
Our Baker Apprentices (or Trainees) have the opportunity to learn to make delicious, high-quality Bakery products and interact with our customers.Retail
Cake Decorator Trainee
In this entry-level job, cake decorator trainees learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. As providers of excellent customer service, they work closely with customers and help them order cakes, answer questions, and make product recommedations. This role …