Marketing Business Analytics Senior Consultant – Lakeland
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 26367BR
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2023
Are you interested in working for a Fortune 100 retailer? Do you want to be able to apply your analytical knowledge and experience to help solve constantly changing business and customer facing opportunities? As a Sr. Consultant on the Business Analytics team you will be supporting Publix with Marketing measurement and data science methodologies that support decisions and create solutions related to the financial performance of Publix, its products and services, Publix Marketing campaigns, and customer behavior data.
This position serves as a research point of contact for assigned business functions across Publix, managing and ensuring that specific business functions have access to the suite of Marketing Analytics Analytical Solutions. This role directly supports both strategic and regularly recurring decision making processes, such as: influencing strategic decisions related to store and product financial performance, Marketing measurement, competitors, personalization, and customer analytics. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a research point of contact for assigned business functions, developing strategy to support the business area, managing and ensuring access to each business function’s suite of Marketing Analytics Analytical Solutions.
- Collaborating with the business function to identify and prioritize those business needs and decision processes that could benefit most from data driven Analytical Solutions.
- Overseeing the creation of the suite of Analytical Solutions for each assigned business function from development through deployment.
- Utilizing data mining and discovery techniques to aggregate sales data from our data warehouses and join it to other business and customer data to uncover insights and key business drivers.
- Focusing on the methodical exploration of Publix’s data to insure business intelligence and predictive analytics techniques used to examine historical store and customer transaction data provide insights into how a business area, store, campaign, or item performed over time and/or in the future.
- Selecting the appropriate data, statistical models, and test methodologies necessary to help tell the business how to merchandise, market, grow, and target customers and stores.
- Developing user interfaces and self-service applications to support customer usage of the Analytical Solution. This includes decisions related to the user interface design with the appropriate options, so the end user can access needed data, reports, graphs, tables, insights, and recommendations with minimal training.
- Conducting statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships by using predictive software to create regression models (linear, logistic, Bayesian, stepwise, etc.), decision trees, correlation analysis, random forest models, and time series analysis.
- Developing and implementing analytical solutions that address business questions faced by decision makers throughout Publix and translating the outputs of those solutions into actionable tools, insights, and recommendations that can be highly trusted by decision makers to influence decision making for a mixture of high and low profile project.
Important: Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university or its equivalent
- At least five (5) years of analytics, finance, computer science, or similar analytics field work-related experience
- At least one (1) year experience writing SQL
- At least one (1) year experience writing R code or similar functionality within other statistical tools
- Knowledge of data and analytics utilizing market business intelligence
- Ability to apply the appropriate advanced mathematics and statistics methods to large data sets, including, but not limited to, regression models (linear, logistic, Bayesian, stepwise, etc.), decision trees, correlation analysis, random forest models, cluster analysis, k-means, sum of squares, and time series analysis
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Information Systems design methodologies, testing, processes and coding languages
- Ability to develop advanced data algorithms
- Database architecture skills
- Ability to develop data visualizations
- Knowledge of and an ability to apply research best practices, including secondary research process and methods
- Ability to develop research-based recommendations
- Basic knowledge of Alteryx and the Alteryx Server or similar Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate critical and strategic thinking skills, including decision making skills
- Project management skills
- Strong Interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills, including strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to persuade others using logical debate
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and be self-directed with workload
- Ability to demonstrate initiative by taking responsibility for learning new skills and processes
- Willingness to travel up to one week at a time with overnight stays
- Ability to work a variable work schedule as needed including nights, holidays, weekends, and extended hours to meet deadlines
- MBA or Masters in Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or another analytical discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of analytics, computer science, or Finance work-related experience
- Five (5) or more years’ experience writing SQL
- Five (5) or more years’ experience writing R code or similar functionality within other statistical tools
- Experience with distributed big data tools, utilizing technologies such as MapReduce
- Data Science Certificate
- Advanced knowledge of Python Coding
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint Development
- Advanced knowledge of big database platforms
- Advanced knowledge of APT
- Expert knowledge of Tableau or MicroStrategy Desktop or similar data visualization tool
- Basic knowledge of C and C++ languages
- Knowledge of other Publix Business Units, including their basic roles and responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of Publix business systems
- Expert knowledge of Alteryx and the Alteryx Server or similar Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
- Knowledge of the data and analytics methods used by the analytics teams within Publix
- Ability to design intuitive end user interfaces
- Training skills
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing – Lakeland
Passionate about digital marketing with a focus on paid search (SEM) marketing? The Digital Marketing Manager will take a lead …Marketing
Marketing Analytics Data Analyst – CRM, Marketing – Lakeland
Are you interested applying your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skillset to a Fortune 100 retailer? Do you have an innate …Marketing
Photographer, Creative Services – Lakeland
The Photographer produces professional high-quality still photography assets that perpetuate the Publix brand and are of the highest technical and …Marketing
Production Assistant, Creative Services – Lakeland
The Production Assistant is available during any stage of pre-production to post-production to assist with all aspects of production. During …