Copywriter, Creative Services – Lakeland
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27294BR
Working Hours: Minimum of 45 hours per week
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Jan 09, 2024
The Copywriter develops creative concepts that align with creative strategies, marketing objectives, and marketing strategies, all in the Publix brand voice. The Copywriter presents these concepts to Creative Leadership, Marketing stakeholders, the Marketing Leadership Team (MLT) and sometimes to stakeholders in the RBUs. The Copywriter works along with the Art Director to concept and execute advertising campaigns and Marketing initiatives. This includes co-directing video shoots as necessary, along with voice-over recordings and radio spots, and participating in editing sessions. The Copywriter writes, proofreads, and edits content and ad copy that delivers upon the approved concept and meet strategies.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing relevant and unique concepts that support marketing business objectives, align with creative strategy, and strengthen the Publix brand.
- Writing effective copy for a variety of customer-facing integrated communications, including but not limited to print, POP, social media, adaptive or responsive websites (desktop/mobile), mobile apps, email, digital ads, direct mail, videos, radio ads, and other necessary content.
- Reviewing, proofreading, and editing drafts of communication pieces before final publishing.
- Staying up-to-date on industry and market trends, including evolving technology.
- Fostering professional growth of fellow associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Liberal Arts or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years writing advertising copy
- Developing relevant and unique concepts that support marketing business objectives, align with creative strategy, and strengthen the Publix brand
- Highly skilled in concepting a variety of advertising elements (social media ads, video, OOH, POP, direct mail, posters, packaging, environmental signage, etc.)
- Knowledge of concept development process
- Knowledge of traditional and digital media channels (e.g., print, in-store, video, pre-roll, radio, TV, social and digital, adaptive/responsive websites, apps, mobile sites), including best practices, strengths, and limitations
- Knowledge of Marketing department workflow processes and project lifecycles
- Knowledge of marketing/ advertising industry and trends
- Knowledge of the Publix brand positioning and lines of business
- Knowledge of Publix target customer, retail environments, and purchasing behaviors
- Knowledge of business objectives
- Ability to evaluate creative work for effectiveness against established creative strategies and objectives
- Deep, broad knowledge of English and grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic thinker and effective collaboration skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Passion for delivering great work and meaningful results
- Research skills
- Computer skills including Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, iWork Suite and Microsoft Office
- Occasional travel up to several days at a time with overnight stays
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Liberal Arts or equivalent experience
- Four (4) years writing advertising copy
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Copywriter, Creative Services – Lakeland
The Copywriter develops creative concepts that align with creative strategies, marketing objectives, and marketing strategies, all in the Publix brand voice. The Copywriter presents these concepts to Creative Leadership, Marketing stakeholders, the Marketing Leadership Team (MLT) and sometimes to stakeholders …Marketing
Regional Marketing Mgr, Nashville, TN – Charlotte Division
The Regional Marketing Manager executes Marketing strategies that align with Divisional Retail business goals. The incumbent serves as a communication channel expert that develops, manages, and executes regional, customer-directed campaigns. The Regional Marketing Manager leads Publix event marketing activities in …Marketing
Graphic Designer, Marketing – Lakeland
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to …Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing – Lakeland
Passionate about digital marketing with a focus on paid search (SEM) marketing? The Digital Marketing Manager will take a lead role in strategy development, campaign oversite, analysis, testing, and reporting for all enterprise-wide paid search initiatives. You’ll work with internal …