Grocery Clerk (Stocker)
Location: All retail locations
Job ID: Grocery Clerk
Date Posted: Jun 08, 2023
Our grocery clerks, or stockers, ensure our products are properly displayed on store shelves and in cases. They also provide friendly customer assistance in their assigned sections of the store. At times, grocery clerks may temporarily leave a task to walk a customer to another area to locate a product, answer their questions, provide a product recommendation, or unload trucks. Desire to help others and ability to follow our high quality product, safety, and sanitation standards are key to being successful in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ensures that product is within date and rotate and display product according to the appropriate planogram.
- Assists with unloading product from trucks and organizes stock room.
- Fills assigned section as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of the shelf set.
- Cleans cases and shelves, and mop and sweep the sales floor, stock rooms, and dairy coolers.
- Operates back room equipment, including pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor, and scrub machine.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Grocery clerks perform their duties primarily in the grocery department and in the back room. They may be exposed to various temperatures and work environments. Work involves walking and standing, and lifting, moving, carrying, and stocking product. The position requires frequent interactions with customers and fellow associates.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
Every job at Publix demands dedication to serving our customers. It’s vital that each Publix store lives up to our commitment to offer the freshest products, the best customer service, and the most pleasing shopping experience. We look for outstanding people whom we can train in the methods that lead to our level of excellence, and we encourage professionals in the food service and culinary fields to join us and grow their careers.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Be sure to update your applications regularly. Applications remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you must update your application to be considered for any new openings.
Body care specialists are considered experts in personal care products. They work in select locations and actively sell products to customers by engaging with them and providing product recommendations. Other duties include unloading trucks, stocking and rotating products on shelves, …Retail
Meat Cutter Trainee
Meat cutter trainees are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. They cut and prepare meat as well as maintain, fill, and rotate product in meat cases, verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks, …Retail
Our Baker Apprentices (or Trainees) have the opportunity to learn to make delicious, high-quality Bakery products and interact with our customers.Retail
Catering & Event Planning
Catering consultants are responsible for overseeing the event planning service at select retail locations. This includes consulting with businesses and home shoppers to plan various functions, working with departments to ensure orders are completed, and coordinating pick up and/or delivery …