Sr Accountant – Construction, Business Analysis & Reporting – LKD
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27646BR
Working Hours: Minimum 45 hours per week
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Feb 06, 2024
The BAR – Industrial Operations (IO) Support team will be filling a BAR Senior Accountant Construction position. This position will work directly with the Business Analysis & Reporting (BAR) construction accounting team and interact directly with contractors to ensure that payment applications, change orders and other billings have necessary support and are in line with the associated contract terms.
- Work with BAR Construction Accounting team, and other resources, with supporting construction activity, including on-site when necessary.
- Perform payment application reviews and ensure contractor adherence to contract agreements.
- Review and validation of change orders and other contractual financial documentation.
- Communicate issues identified to the BAR team, construction team and contractors.
- Review project postings and prepare journal entries as needed to maintain proper SAP project balances.
- Work with BAR team and construction accounting team to coordinate development of the quarterly percentage of project completion reports through data consolidation and conversation with BAR Construction Accounting team, Construction teams, Corporate Accounting, VP Facilities and VP Industrial Maintenance and Industrial Operations Purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or another analytical discipline with at least 3 years relevant business experience or equivalent
- OR Associate’s degree in Accounting or another analytical discipline with at least 5 years business experience or equivalent
- OR High School diploma with at least 7 years business experience or equivalent
- Problem solving and advanced analytical skills to research information both from internal and external resources to apply critical thinking, creative thinking and develop solutions to significant projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present fact-based information which is critical to provide consulting services to business areas
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Excel
- Researching skills and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize workload by assessing needs and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to demonstrate initiative by taking responsibility for learning new skills and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility in a changing environment
- Strong organizational skills: ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously remain adaptable
- Must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- Commitment to Publix and our Mission
- Willingness to travel, with overnight stays, depending on workload
- Willingness to work extended hours or work weekends periodically to meet business needs/deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or another analytical discipline with at least 5 years relevant business experience and at least 1 year in construction accounting
- Knowledge of the construction industry processes, terminology, accounting practices and project auditing
- Knowledge of construction contracting and associated documents
- Experience with SAP or equivalent software
- Knowledge of Publix’s accounting departments
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and internal controls
- Knowledge of Publix structured writing templates such as procedures, audit findings, memos, and financial summaries
- Knowledge of Publix strategy
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Sr. Store Bank Audit Reconciliation Analyst – Lakeland
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all Publix bank accounts are reconciled and recorded accurately on Publix financial statements. This includes preparing general ledger account analysis and miscellaneous reporting to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate.Responsibilities …Finance
Tax Manager, Business Analysis & Reporting – Lakeland
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We are privately-owned, hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective …Finance
Sr. Business Consultant, Real Estate Accounting, BAR – Lakeland
The purpose of this position is to provide operational and financial consulting related to company-controlled assets including leadership, analytical support, financial planning, accounting, auditing, operational performance, software utilization, capital investments, process improvement support and business advisory services to the Real …Finance
Student Data Analyst (Fall/Winter Session), BAR – Lakeland
Are you a college student in the Central Florida area interested in a semiannual data analytics program? Would you like to gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure to machine learning and business intelligence? Do you want to work on challenging …