Senior IT Auditor, Internal Audit
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27098BR
Department: Internal Audit
Working Hours: 45 Hours or more per week, primarily Monday through Friday.
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2023
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to diversity has contributed to our success in being a great place to work and shop. It’s satisfying to work for – and be an owner in – a Fortune 100 company that is widely recognized as a leader in the supermarket industry.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to improve operations and management of risks to Publix’s financial results, operations and/or reputation. This includes leading audits and assessments (independent of business area bias) and providing consulting services to I/S and other business areas related to complex technology and processes, and enhancing the knowledge of Staff IT Auditors, I/S management and IT delivery teams related to IT controls, risk management and risk assessment concepts/methodologies, and IT standards/frameworks.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
- Leading independent audits and assessments and providing consulting services to improve operations and manage risks related to complex technology and processes.
- Developing, maintaining, and/or enhancing personal knowledge and expertise of the following:
- Mentoring, training, educating and/or enhancing knowledge of Staff IT Auditors, Financial Internal Auditors, I/S management, other business area management and IT delivery teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical field (Management Information Systems, Decision and Information Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Computer Sciences, business related, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2 years IT Audit experience or 4 years total experience in an analytical field i.e., auditing, IT analysis, etc.) including at least 1 year IT Audit experience
- Knowledge of Internal auditing concepts, approaches, tools and techniques and
- Knowledge of IT controls
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management concepts and methodologies, such as the CobiT Framework, GAIT Principles and/or COSO’s Internal Control Integrated Framework
- Knowledge of IT standards, frameworks and best practices such as the CobiT Framework, ISO 27001/27002, NIST and/or ITIL
- Knowledge of technology supporting Publix operations
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance standards, requirements, and frameworks such as PCI-PIN (encryption key management and PIN security), PCI DSS, HIPAA Security, FFIEC, etc.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and information processing skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence others
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and listening skills
- Ability to apply creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to make sound judgments/conclusions based on knowledge, experience, observations and available information
- Ability to deal with confidential information and matters
- Adaptable and ability to work well under pressure
- Positive, proactive and flexible
- Intermediate knowledge of IT applications, databases and/or operating systems (one or more platforms)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Visio)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Basic knowledge of data analysis tools (IDEA, ACL, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Analytical field (Management Information Systems, Decision and Information Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Computer Sciences, business related, etc.)
- 6 years total experience in an analytical field (i.e., auditing, IT analysis, etc.), including at least 4 years IT Audit experience
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor
- Other certifications include Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), etc.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
Senior IT Auditor, Internal Audit
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to …Distribution Maintenance
Lift Truck Maintenance Technician, PM, Industrial Maint – Greensboro
Lift Truck Maintenance Technicians diagnose and perform mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs on a variety of powered industrial equipment, including Publix's lift trucks which are also commonly known as forklifts. They use hand tools as well as computerized testing equipment …Pharmacy
Pharmacist – Full-time Floater
As a Publix Pharmacy Associate, you’ll see how very satisfying it is to work for a company that is passionately devoted to its customers, to its associates, and to the wellness of the communities it serves. What sets our pharmacy …Distribution
Cafeteria Worker – Deerfield
Stocking and rotating inventoryPreparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates andWashing pots and operating the dishwasher The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.