Photographer, Creative Services – Lakeland
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 26450BR
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
The Photographer produces professional high-quality still photography assets that perpetuate the Publix brand and are of the highest technical and aesthetic quality. This is done through a high level of both creative and technical abilities, working with high-end professional photo equipment, lighting equipment, hardware, and software, along with a comprehensive knowledge of the Publix brand, structure, and culture. The Photographer works with Art Directors to create photography assets that deliver on approved campaign concepts, meet marketing strategies, and represent Publix products in the most accurate and beautiful way possible. They also work with internal clients to photograph events, sponsorships, and portraits, often in high-stress environments with severe time-constraints.
- Creating professional food and lifestyle imagery for marketing and advertising, private label packaging, social media, retail, and internal communications.
- Shooting product photography for use in price item communications and the online product catalog.
- Producing quality photography of both exterior and interior of retail stores and store locations.
- Producing quality studio and environmental portraiture.
- Elevating the vision of the Art Director by thinking creatively and introducing ideas and concepts the Art Director may not have considered to enhance the shot or visual appeal.
- Fostering professional growth of fellow associates by providing mentoring and guidance to Production Assistants.
- Aiding in the creation of a comprehensive and user-friendly archive of Publix’s photographic and image history.
- Coordinating with the Digital Asset Management team to develop a highly functional library of image assets.
- Directing crew such as food stylists, prop stylists, and production assistants, as well as talent (models) on set.
- Staying up to date on industry and market trends, methods, and equipment.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography or equivalent experience
- 3 years of professional and/or commercial photography.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial photography processes and workflows
- Thorough knowledge of cameras and lighting for still photography
- Knowledge of the content production phase of Marketing projects
- Knowledge of the marketing content procurement processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of both the art and the science of photography. This requires the ability to mix the science/equipment understanding—such as correct camera and lens selection, exposure calculations, focal lengths, f-stop, Kelvin temperature, shutter speed and ISO speed—with art of composition and a creative eye to obtain a professional photograph
- Comprehensive professional photography equipment knowledge, including professional level DSLR and mirrorless cameras (Phase One, Canon, Nikon, Sony), specialty use cameras (GoPro, iPhone), as well as Matterport 3D Space camera. Also knowledge of professional lenses, studio strobes (monolights and power pack systems), on-camera flashes (hotshoe flashes), light shapers (soft boxes, grids, scrims, gels, dappled lighting), lightstands, C-Stands, booms, light meters, and radio flash transmitters.
- Comprehensive understanding of lighting techniques with an emphasis on highlight and shadow definition and requiring the use of all above equipment
- Knowledge of EFI ColorProof (color output and profile management software)
- Ability to think creatively, conceptualize, and photograph in a wide variety of styles
- Ability to manage projects in an efficient and productive manner
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism across all situations
- Organization skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Mac OS
- Microsoft SharePoint, One Drive, Teams
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote
- Marketing resource management systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital Asset Management system
- Capture One Pro
- Canon Camera Connect app for iPad
- DJI Go 4 app for iPad
- 4 years of photographing food for marketing and advertising
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Regional Marketing Manager – Miami
The Regional Marketing Manager executes Marketing strategies that align with Divisional Retail business goals. The incumbent serves as a communication …Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing – Lakeland
Passionate about digital marketing with a focus on paid search (SEM) marketing? The Digital Marketing Manager will take a lead …Marketing
Marketing Business Analytics Senior Consultant – Lakeland
Are you interested in working for a Fortune 100 retailer? Do you want to be able to apply your analytical …Marketing
Manager, Multichannel Analytics, Marketing – Lakeland
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to …