HIRING NOW! Dock Person – Greensboro
Location: Greensboro, NC
Job ID: 26320BR
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2023
- Operating Powered Industrial Trucks
- Accurately loading and securing pallets of outbound product for safe transportation
- Ensuring all pallets and totes are accurately accounted for on the correct trailer per the load sheets for delivery to retail
- Loading special orders and credits/outs and merging with the correct load
- Communicating load close information to shipping office associates
- Supplying pallets or shipping platforms for selectors use on the dock
- Communicating incoming and outgoing pallet trailers to dock coordinator and manager to ensure supply is sufficient for shipping needs
- Moving shipping containers i.e., totes, produce baskets, etc. to selecting areas and replenishing throughout the shift
- Monitoring and recording trailer temperatures as outlined in cold chain Standard Operation Procedures to ensure product temperature is not compromised
- Operating baler Return Center only
- Operating pallet sorter
- Sorting bulk mail and dropping at correct lanes for shipping
- Cleaning debris from work/loading area
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work nights
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Obtain and maintain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- Successfully complete a work attitude survey
- Ability to use powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 67 pounds and 85 pounds in Boxed Meat/Dairy Warehouse
- Ability to stack product of varying weights
- Ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- Ability to sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time ability to read, write, identify, and verify numbers
- Ability to work under strict time requirements
- Ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- Current Greensboro Distribution associate
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
- Boxed Meat/Dairy Warehouse – Temperatures could range from 28° to 35° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
- Frozen Foods Warehouse – Temperatures could range from 20° below to zero for an extended period of time.
- High Velocity Warehouse – Temperatures could range from 20° below to zero for an extended period of time
- Low Velocity Warehouse – Temperatures could range from 20° below to zero for an extended period of time.
- Produce Warehouse – Temperatures could range from 35° to 55° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time; also involves working in a wet environment.
- Return Center – Must be able to work in various weather conditions for an extended period of time.
Trailer Maintenance Technician – Lakeland
Performing a number of functions on a variety of fleet equipment according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; …Distribution
HIRING NOW! Warehouse Person, Refrigerated – Atlanta
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We are privately-owned, hold no long-term debt and …Distribution
Tire Repair Person, PM – Lakeland
Performing a number of functions on a variety of tires for fleet equipment according to company policy; federal, state, and …Distribution
Dock Person, Refrigerated – Lakeland
Operating Powered Industrial TrucksAccurately loading and securing pallets of outbound product for safe transportationEnsuring all pallets and totes are accurately …