Trailer Maintenance Technician – Jacksonville
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job ID: 27109BR
Working Hours: 12:30 am - 11:00 am; Rotating schedule
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2023
- Performing a number of functions on a variety of fleet equipment according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; repair manuals; factory specifications; schematics; and his or her own knowledge of the fleet equipment
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- One of the following positions is available: Trailer Maintenance Technician Class A, B or C.
- The position offered is contingent upon the qualifications and work experience of the candidate
- Be at least 20 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license and authorization to drive a company vehicle (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Be able to lift a minimum of 65 pounds
- Be able to read and interpret technical manuals
- Be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- Successfully complete the following tests (before his or her start date in the position)
- Basic Office Skills
- Following Written Instructions
- Spatial Reasoning
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- Be capable of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance-management system
- Be able to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- Must have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- Must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- Must show commitment to Publix’s mission
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Have at least two years’ experience in trailer repair or a related trade
- Have mechanical and diagnostic knowledge of fleet trailer equipment, as well as knowledge of circuits and operational sequence of components
- Knowledge of ARC, MIG, and GAS welding and cutting including welding aluminum and steel
- Basic knowledge of parts and components of trailers
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November.
In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Dock Person – Orlando
Operating Powered Industrial TrucksAccurately loading and securing pallets of outbound product for safe transportationEnsuring all pallets and totes are accurately accounted for on the correct trailer per the load sheets for delivery to retailLoading special orders and credits/outs and merging …Distribution
Transportation Operations Lead Person, AM, Dispatch – Deerfield
Assisting the Transportation Operations management team in directing the day-to-day activities associated with the planning and execution of our transportation strategy Efficiently executing our outbound delivery and backhaul pick up plan through the optimal assignment of our transportation orders (trips) …Distribution
Warehouse Forklift Operator – Sarasota
Simply put, our Warehouse Forklift Operators are masters of skillfully maneuvering industrial powered equipment. Join the team and use your skills to help Publix Distribution maintain a smooth, safe, and orderly process when moving product within Publix’s warehouses.Warehouse Forklift Operators …Distribution
Fuel Operator, PM, Garage – Lakeland
Performing a number of functions on a variety of fleet vehicles and equipment; as well as industrial equipment; according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; and his or her own knowledge of the equipment, driving a refueling tanker …