Dock Person – Jacksonville
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job ID: 27937BR
Working Hours: Rotating schedule.
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Date Posted: Mar 01, 2024
- Operating Powered Industrial Trucks
- Accurately loading and securing pallets of outbound product for safe transportation
- Ensuring all pallets and totes are accurately accounted for on the correct trailer per the load sheets for delivery to retail
- Loading special orders and credits/outs and merging with the correct load
- Communicating load close information to shipping office associates
- Supplying pallets or shipping platforms for selectors use on the dock
- Communicating incoming and outgoing pallet trailers to dock coordinator and manager to ensure supply is sufficient for shipping needs
- Moving shipping containers i.e., totes, produce baskets, etc. to selecting areas and replenishing throughout the shift
- Monitoring and recording trailer temperatures as outlined in cold chain Standard Operation Procedures to ensure product temperature is not compromised
- Operating baler (Return Center only)
- Operating pallet sorter
- Sorting bulk mail and dropping at correct lanes for shipping
- Cleaning debris from work/loading area
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work nights
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Obtain and maintain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- Successfully complete a work attitude survey
- Ability to use powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 67 pounds (85 pounds in Boxed Meat/Dairy Warehouse)
- Ability to stack product of varying weights
- Ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- Ability to sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- Ability to read, write, identify, and verify numbers
- Ability to work under strict time requirements
- Ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November.
In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
DepartmentWork EnvironmentBoxed Meat/Dairy WarehouseTemperatures could range from 28° to 35° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time. Frozen Food WarehouseTemperatures could range from 20° below to zero for an extended period of time. High Velocity WarehouseTemperatures could exceed 90° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.Produce WarehouseTemperatures could range from 35° to 55° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time; also involves working in a wet environment.Return CenterMust be able to work in various weather conditions for an extended period of time.
Warehouse Forklift Operator – Jacksonville
Simply put, our Warehouse Forklift Operators are masters of skillfully maneuvering industrial powered equipment. Join the team and use your skills to help Publix Distribution maintain a smooth, safe, and orderly process when moving product within Publix’s warehouses.Warehouse Forklift Operators …Distribution
Warehouse Selector – Jacksonville
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We are privately-owned, hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective …Distribution
Cafeteria Supervisor 1 – Boynton Beach
The purpose of this position is to lead the day-to-day activities and functions within one of 18 Publix associate cafeterias and assist the Cafeteria Manager in the planning and execution of departmental strategies. This position assists with developing hourly associates, …Distribution
Cafeteria Cook – Jacksonville
Preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.