Pharmacy Technician, Part-Time, Central Pharmacy - OrlandoApply Job Req. ID 9515BR Date Posted 07/03/2019 Location Orlando, Florida
Central Fill Technicians will support Central Fill pharmacists in their efforts to provide prescribed medication to patients. Technicians in Central Fill will perform all the tasks the state of Florida classifies being executed by a pharmacist or certified technician under the supervision of a pharmacist. This includes using complex equipment and machines, integrated with computers to guide the efforts of filling large canisters with tablets and capsules, replacing these canisters in the high-speed robotic counting machines with full ones, counting and pouring medicines into bottles and labeling bottles and unit of use medicines with the prescription label. These tasks require vigilant attention to detail and the ability to work at an accurate, quick sustained rate for hours.
- Working in the canister replenishment room;
- the technician will retrieve the manufacturer’s stock bottle(s) of tablets or capsules needed to refill a particular canister
- The technician will record the lot and expiration data in the Symphony software system,open the bottles, remove desiccants and other items, and refill the canisters
- Working between the canister replenishment room and the robots, with a cart and tablet computer;
- the technician will carefully remove empty canisters from the robotic counting machines, and replace them with a full canister of tablets or capsules
- Working in the canister replenishment room, the manual fill stations, the refrigerated stations, and other locations;
- the Tech will stock shelves with products arriving in from other locations, and
- take and return products to the technician doing the actual counting, pouring and labeling of the canister/product
- Record movements to maintain accountability and the ability to find the needed inventory
- Record the inventory movement in the computer to maintain accurate locations of inventory
- Working at the manual fill stations and the refrigerated dispensing stations;
- the technician will count and label prescription products with their label, and
- image the product using a camera for remote verification by a pharmacist.
Frequency of Pay Weekly
Hours of Work 5:00 am - 10:00 pm, 7 days, flexibility required
Year End Bonus To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours’ pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Address 2424 Orlando Central Pkwy City Orlando Region FL Potential Annual Base Pay NA Benefits