Part-Time, Industrial Safety Trainer-AlabamaApply Job Req. ID 13602BR Date Posted 12/17/2020 Location McCalla, Alabama
The purpose of the Industrial Safety Trainer position is to educate associates on the safe operation of powered industrial trucks (classroom and hands-on) in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178. The incumbent will evaluate associates’ ability to safely operate powered industrial trucks and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as it relates to powered industrial equipment.Apply
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock 401(k) retirement savings plan Group health plan (with prescription benefits) Group dental plan Group vision plan Sick pay Long-term disability insurance Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits) Tuition reimbursement Vacation pay Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria Paycheck direct deposit Credit union Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
- Facilitate powered industrial truck training.
- Assess powered industrial truck operators in their daily work environment.
- Manage access control for powered industrial trucks.
- Document safety training completion.
- Facilitate other safety-related training.
- Monitor safety training needs for the facility and schedule sessions accordingly.
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Must be a self-starter and have demonstrated the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Have a valid driver’s license and authorization to drive a company vehicle (on or before his or her start date in the position).
- Have at least one year of experience safely operating powered industrial equipment such as lift trucks, pallet trucks and order pickers.
- Be certified or be able to obtain certifications to operate Publix lift trucks and pallet trucks (within 10 days of his or her start date in the position).
- Ability to help students acquire the knowledge, skills and competency for the safe operation of powered industrial equipment in both a classroom setting and an industrial environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and make sound recommendations on whether associates can safely operate powered industrial trucks.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and produce quality work.
- Safe work record.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills (the ability to work well with others and to be a team member).
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work.
- Commitment to Publix, our Mission, and The Safety Promise.
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended periods of time.
- Willingness to travel to other facilities as needed.
- Three to five years of experience safely operating powered industrial trucks.
- Current or previous experience as a selector trainer or a motor operator trainer.
- Current or previous experience conducting hands-on training for powered industrial trucks.
- Experience teaching large groups.