Senior Process Improvement Engineer,Strategy Support - LakelandApply Job Req. ID 10492BR Date Posted 11/27/2019 Location Lakeland, Florida
Come join the Retail Process Improvement team as a Senior Process Improvement Engineer. Based at our corporate headquarters in Lakeland, you’ll be working with other industrial engineers and business process owners to foster efficient operations at our more than 1,200 stores across the southeast. Publix is passionately focused on providing an exceptional customer experience, and you’ll support that mission by defining work requirements that ensure stores’ associates are available when and where needed. We’re also focused on providing our customers a great value and maximizing our stockholders’ returns, so your improvement ideas that drive efficiencies and cost savings will be well-received. Given our central role as part of the Strategy Support organization reporting directly to our CEO, we’re essentially “internal consultants” that work on key strategic initiatives. The Senior Process Improvement Engineer reports to the Manager of Process Improvement, and will often manage one or more hourly associates.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- at least three (3) years of experience as an Industrial Engineer
- successful completion of the Maynard MOST certification program required upon hire
- advanced knowledge of Industrial Engineering techniques: statistical methods, queuing theory, deterministic and probabilistic operations analysis, etc.
- knowledge of management science, including behavioral theory
- knowledge of Data Mining tools
- knowledge of performance report design and interpretation
- knowledge of best practices for database design
- knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts including NPV, IRR, ROI, and break-even
- advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access and
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Statistics, Operations Research, or an MBA
- five (5) or more years of experience as an Industrial Engineer
- four (4) or more years of Publix experience
- two (2) or more years of experience as an Industrial Engineer for Publix
- advanced knowledge of Retail, Distribution, and Support department functional roles, terms, and their detailed operating processes and procedures
- advanced knowledge of equipment and operational software systems within the assigned business areas
- advanced knowledge of software system functionality and configuration for tools developed and/or used by the Process Improvement team
- advanced knowledge of the formal QIP, QDP, LDP, and RAPID decision-making methodologies
- advanced knowledge of internal Publix data sources including Teradata EDW, Informix, DB2, Dallas Views, and SQL sources and
- Lean/Six-Sigma ‘green belt’ or higher certification.
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.Address 3300 Publix Corporate Parkway City Lakeland Region FL between Orlando and Tampa Benefits ▪ Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
▪ An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
▪ 401(k) retirement savings plan
▪ Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
▪ Group dental plan
▪ Group vision plan
▪ Sick pay
▪ Long-term disability insurance
▪ Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
▪ Tuition reimbursement
▪ Vacation pay
▪ Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
▪ Paycheck direct deposit
▪ Credit union
▪ Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
▪ 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).