Real Estate AttorneyApply Job Req. ID 20428BR Date Posted 07/07/2022 Location Lakeland, Florida
Publix is looking for a Real Estate Attorney to join its legal team in Lakeland, Florida. The primary purpose of this position is to provide legal support to the Real Estate and Facilities Departments with respect to day-to-day operations and new store growth, including leasing, acquisitions, developments, and other strategic initiatives.Apply
- Analyzing and providing legal advice on real estate and facilities transactions, strategies, and other issues affecting large portfolio of retail and industrial locations, with a focus on problem-solving.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documents related to real estate and facilities, such as build-to-suit leases, ground leases, purchase and sale documents, declarations, restrictive covenants, easements, development agreements, assignments, guaranties, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing title and survey matters.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the legal team to prepare and maintain forms, develop processes, manage special projects, etc.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
- Minimum of 5 years related legal experience
- Admission in good standing to a State Bar
- Excellent document drafting, negotiation, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to quickly and proactively identify and analyze issues and develop solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format
- Ability to maintain independence and objectivity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Experience with retail real estate matters
- Member of Florida Bar
- Minimum of 8 years related legal experience
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).