Marketing Business Analytics Senior Consultant - LakelandJob ID 13842BR Date posted 01/19/2021 Location Lakeland FL between Orlando and Tampa
Our marketing team is responsible for showing our customers why Publix is the place "where shopping is a pleasure." Our marketing associates help us remain competitive in a changing market place. Join a team of people dedicated to showcasing the Publix brand through analytics, creative advertising, consumer research, applied science, and more!
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: Entry-Level through Director
- Travel: 0%
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Our marketing department is comprised of a variety of teams that work collaboratively to provide our customers with a premier shopping experience. From creative services, to data analytics, here are some of the top qualities we look for in a future marketing associate.
I’ve had the opportunity to be in multiple roles at Publix including a cashier and customer service staff in retail and then making my way to corporate as a category analyst, associate brand marketing manager, and now my current role as a brand marketing manager. In this position, I develop the strategy to promote products and services to our customers, assist with product development, and leverage research insights to ensure we stay competitive with new trends in the grocery industry. I’m so fortunate to be a part of an organization that takes such deep interest in their associates’ aspirations and truly wants each individual to grow and succeed.Mirda, Brand Marketing Manager
I’ve been fortunate to have had the opportunity to take on progressive growth roles as an analyst, project manager, and then team manager role, before becoming senior manager of what is now called Marketing Analytics. I’m incredibly proud of the work our team is doing to provide insights that help Publix develop more personalized experiences for our customers. While everyone within marketing serves in a different capacity, associates from each team really respect the expertise from their peers and frequently collaborate on projects.Jason, Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
In 2005, I joined the Publix family as a Marketing Project Coordinator. Since then, I have held various positions across the Marketing department, supporting Retail, Retail Business Units, IS, and various corporate initiatives. Now, I am proud to lead Marketing Operations, an exceptional group of 50+ associates responsible for project management, marketing technology, print production, associate experience, budget management, and business affairs. I am grateful to work for an organization that invests in those that invest in themselves and supports individual’s professional development and growth.Malinda, Director, Marketing Operations
We want our associates to feel valued now, and in the future. Here are just a few perks you could look forward to as a future marketing associate.
Matching 401K retirement contributions and employee stock ownership program.
Group health, dental, and vision plans.
Paid Time Off
Up to three weeks of paid vacation and six paid holidays.
Up to $12,800 in tuition reimbursement for programs related to your established career path.
Awards & Recognition
Fortune 100 company, continually recognized as one of the best places to work in the country.
New and innovative work space that allows for remote work and flexible schedules.
This position serves as a research point of contact for assigned business functions across Publix, managing and ensuring that specific business functions have access to the suite of Marketing Analytics Analytical Solutions. This role directly supporting both strategic and regularly recurring decision making processes, such as: influencing strategic decisions related to store and product financial performance, Marketing measurement, competitors, personalization, and customer analytics. The Senior Business Analytics Consultant reports to the Manager of Marketing Business Analytics.
- Serving as a research point of contact for assigned business functions, developing strategy to support the business area, managing and ensuring access to each business function’s suite of Marketing Analytics Analytical Solutions
- Collaborating with the business function to identify and prioritize those business needs and decision processes that could benefit most from data driven Analytical Solutions.
- Overseeing the creation of the suite of Analytical Solutions for each assigned business function from development through deployment
- Utilizing data mining and discovery techniques to aggregate sales data from our data warehouses and join it to other business and customer data to uncover insights and key business drivers.
- Focusing on the methodical exploration of Publix’s data to insure business intelligence and predictive analytics techniques used to examine historical store and customer transaction data provide insights into how a business area, store, campaign, or item performed over time and/or in the future.
- Selecting the appropriate data, statistical models, and test methodologies necessary to help tell the business how to merchandise, market, grow, and target customers and stores.
- Developing user interfaces and self-service applications to support customer usage of the Analytical Solution. This includes decisions related to the user interface design with the appropriate options, so the end user can access needed data, reports, graphs, tables, insights, and recommendations with minimal training.
- Conducting statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships by using predictive software to create regression models (linear, logistic, Bayesian, stepwise, etc.), decision trees, correlation analysis, random forest models, and time series analysis.
- Developing and implementing analytical solutions that address business questions faced by decision makers throughout Publix and translating the outputs of those solutions into actionable tools, insights, and recommendations that can be highly trusted by decision makers to influence decision making for a mixture of high and low profile project.
9 Reasons to Work at Publix
There’s a lot to love about working at Publix, whether in our stores, our corporate offices, manufacturing facilities or distribution centers. Publix employs more than 200,000 people throughout our footprint in the Southeastern United States, and these are just some of the reasons our associates say they love being part of the Publix family!Learn more
Publix Just Keeps Growing
Looking for a place to grow? See how Publix has grown and whether we're the right fit for you. Publix is the largest and fastest-growing employee-owned supermarket chain in the U.S., with over 200,000 associates and 1,200 stores in seven states throughout the Southeast.Learn more