Electrical Engineer PE, Facilities Design, LakelandApply Job Req. ID 13848BR Date Posted 01/20/2021 Location Lakeland, Florida
The Purpose of this position is for the development, review, coordinate and the execution of the design of the Electrical Construction documents for Publix new stores, remodels and special projects. The position may include the signing and sealing of projects with review and coordination of other engineers and designers work. This position will participate in a team environment developing and delivering code compliant, buildable, cost effective projects that meet Publix requirements, ensuring consistency and quality.Apply
- Participating in the design and production of construction documents for new store prototypes, site specific projects and special projects including prototype maintenance and revisions.
- Shop submittal reviews
- Review and addressing permit comments and code research (as required)
- Review of other Consultant produced construction plans for Publix standards, constructability and code compliancy.
- RFI and Construction/Publix business area field feedback evaluation and resolution.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Six (6) years of electrical engineering (design) experience within the retail/commercial industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of electrical design as it pertains to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards with an emphasis on the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70).
- Knowledge of building codes as it pertains to the electrical building design.
- Knowledge of electrical design principals and calculations.
- Knowledge and use of CADD software packages (i.e. AutoCad, Microstation and Revit)
- Knowledge and use of electrical engineering design packages (i.e. AGI lighting design, SKM software)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida and in good standing.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office software packages.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a high production environment on a daily basis.
- Willingness to travel to onsite locations.
- Ability to work a variable schedule to include nights, weekend and holidays as workload demands.
- Ten (10) years of electrical design engineering experience within the retail/commercial industry.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in all States in which Publix operates and in good standing.
- Ability to be registered by comity as an Electrical Engineer within the states that Publix operates.
- NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying) member.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- General equivalency diploma reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonus
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Direct deposit of your earnings
- Credit union
- Recognition for continuous service through service awards at five-year intervals
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless service and device purchases
- Associate wellness program which offers free health screenings and flu shots
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).