Search Our Jobs
Computer Operator, 2nd shift, ITApply Now
The following positions are now available within IT:
• Associate Computer Operator
• Computer Operator
• Senior Computer Operator
The position interviewed for will depend on skill set.
• performs monitoring of the production batch schedule execution, system activity and health of all hardware systems located in the Data Centers, and environmental controls for the Data Centers and related infrastructure
• coordinates with Information Systems Developers, Engineers, and other internal resources to implement new or updated batch jobs and operational services
• responds to and resolves service issues through the ticketing system and escalations from other support groups using standardized processes and methodologies
• maintains and updates information related to key performance indicators
• assists in the research and coordination for permanent schedule modifications and updates to operational documentation and procedures to support the business processing requirements
• provides assistance to business area associates for scheduling requests, temporary schedule modifications and resolving issues as required
• manages media movement documentation, prepare removable magnetic media for shipment, and coordinate with vendor for movement, storage, and emergency recall of media
• monitors alerting tools and respond to system alerts/messages as required, and
• ensures established security protocols and procedures are followed to maintain the integrity of the Data Centers and Publix’s sensitive corporate data.
• computer operations experience or actively pursuing a degree in an IT related field
• excellent attendance and punctuality record
• ability to read and follow procedures
• excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
• excellent analytical and decision making skills
• ability to work on multiple complex efforts simultaneously
• high degree of maturity, tactfulness, and business ethics
• good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
• show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
Potential Annual Base Pay: 32,968 - 66,144 Year End Bonus: To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Other Compensation Information: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Address Line: 3045 New Tampa Hwy City: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa Additional Information: ** Relocation assistance is not provided. **
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.