Assistant Controller, Facilities Maintenance Accounting - LakelandApply Job Req. ID 20253BR Date Posted 06/17/2022 Location Lakeland, Florida
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We are privately-owned, hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to diversity has contributed to our success in being a great place to work and shop. It’s satisfying to work for – and be an owner in – a Fortune 100 company that is widely recognized as a leader in the supermarket industry.
The purpose of this position is to provide accurate and timely information and guidance regarding all financial aspects of the business area. This includes information analysis, recommendations, preparation of meaningful reports, and training on shipping, receiving, production and inventory management processes.
- Provide direct oversight to the Inventory Control roles and responsibilities in the operations supported by the incumbent.
- Review, address issues and close work orders and/or process orders.
- Oversee inventory control and cycle count processes.
- Advise operations (primarily parts rooms) associates of SAP based best practices and controls.
- Provide support in generating performance reporting (such as cycle count or inventory balance changes) and journal entries (such as obsolescence reserve) as determined necessary.
- Participate in software rollouts (such as Lakeland SAP Maintenance) and other projects as requested in office or warehouse locations.
- High School diploma with additional high school or college business related classes
- 2 years of SAP or equivalent ERP experience, and
- 2 years of manufacturing or warehouse inventory and accounting experience
- Knowledge of warehouse environment
- Knowledge of proper general accounting principles
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Data management and computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word)
- Ability to train others and present material
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving and researching skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Confidentiality skills
- Multi-tasking, organizational, planning, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work, constantly shifting priorities, and varying deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours or weekends periodically to meet business needs / deadlines
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet business needs
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- 4 years of SAP or equivalent ERP experience, and
- 4 years of warehouse inventory and accounting experience
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)