Search Our Jobs
Warehouse Selector, Part-Time, AM, Frozen Foods - DeerfieldApply Now
YOU determine how much you earn as a Warehouse Selector because your weekly pay depends on how efficient you are in selecting product for our stores!You set your own pace, and that determines the size of your paycheck. The average Publix Selector performs at a rate greater than 100% which means that you can earn above standard pay!
If you’re into sports, cardio, strength training, weightlifting, running , bodybuilding… this job will help keep you in shape!Warehouse Selectors are constantly walking, lifting, bending, and stretching.Are you the competitive type? It pays to be the best because you are rewarded for working efficiently and with accurate results.
Warehouse Selectors pull products ordered by Publix stores and place them onto pallets.They also wrap finished orders and move them to the dock area using a motorized pallet jack where the orders will be placed on a truck for delivery.To increase their efficiency, Selectors use state-of-the-art technology such as headsets, which tell Selectors which products have been ordered and where they are located in the warehouse.Without our Warehouse Selectors, our stores couldn’t keep the shelves stocked at our more than 1,100 locations.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- ability to obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to select, lift, carry, and stack product weighing 70 pounds
- ability to stand bend, stoop, and twist and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (before his or her start date in the position)
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
This position is paid under Standards Indexed Pay (SIP) guidelines. SIP is a flexible pay system in which associates pay will change weekly depending how efficiently they work that week. Selectors who successfully complete the training period will receive $17.95 per hour for 100% of standard.
A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.