Search Our Jobs
Warehouse Selector - DeerfieldApply Now
If you’re into sports, cardio, strength training, weightlifting, running , bodybuilding… this job will help keep you in shape! Warehouse Selectors are constantly walking, lifting, bending, and stretching. Are you the competitive type? It pays to be the best because you are rewarded for working efficiently and with accurate results.
Warehouse Selectors pull products ordered by Publix stores and place them onto pallets. They also wrap finished orders and move them to the dock area using a motorized pallet jack where the orders will be placed on a truck for delivery. To increase their efficiency, Selectors use state-of-the-art technology such as headsets, which tell Selectors which products have been ordered and where they are located in the warehouse. Without our Warehouse Selectors, our stores couldn’t keep the shelves stocked at our more than 1,100 locations.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- ability to obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to select, lift, carry, and stack product weighing between 60 and 85 pounds
- ability to stand bend, stoop, and twist and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (before his or her start date in the position)
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey.
- This position is paid under Standards Indexed Pay (SIP) guidelines. SIP is a flexible pay system in which associates pay will change weekly depending how efficiently they work that week. Selectors who successfully complete the training period will receive $18.50 per hour for 100% of standard.
- A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00 a.m.).
- A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.
Work Environment continued: or 35 degrees to 55 degrees Fahrenheit while working in a wet environment (Produce) for an extended period of time.
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.