Solutions Architect – REMOTE
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27545BR
Department: Publix Technology
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Mar 01, 2024
Publix is able to offer virtual/remote employment for this position in the following states: FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC, VA, KY.
- Leading the efforts in defining solution architectures for both tactical and strategic projects,
- Producing architecture documentation and deliverables including Architecture Plans, ADRs, proofs-of-concepts, standards, and roadmaps,
- Providing leadership, knowledge, and experience to delivery teams on the architecture, design, and delivery of cost effective and sustainable solutions,
- Ensuring proper and effective reuse of application and technical services, frameworks, and standard tools and templates in the proposed solution,
- Evaluating COTS and SaaS products to ensure it meets business requirements, integration needs, and security standards.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the solution design follow best practices and meet the requirements of the business by participating in conceptual and physical design, participating in design reviews, and approving design deliverables,
- Ensuring that code (and other implementation artifacts) adhere to standards and implement the specified design by participating in detailed reviews and providing approval,
- Providing guidance to project teams in determining what functionality currently being implemented should be exposed as new services to the enterprise,
- Providing training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer to project team members, and
- Actively collaborating with other Architects to define new standards and best practices that are not provided for by the current architecture standards.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an analytical discipline, or equivalent experience,
- Must have at least eight years of recent experience leading the analysis of complex business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership,
- Must have at least eight years of recent experience leading the design of enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, UML, service-oriented architecture, and solution frameworks,
- Must have recent working experience as an Architect on development projects,
- Must have at least seven years of recent experience developing and deploying object-oriented solutions with the Microsoft development platform including the .Net Framework, .Net Core, .Net web technologies, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps or other CI/CD tools,
- Must have experience in designing and developing cloud-native applications,
- Must have experience in containerizing applications,
- Must have experience in deploying and running applications in Kubernetes,
- Must have at least five years of recent experience working with Microsoft SQL server developing data models, Stored Procedures, and other database artifacts,
- Must have at least five years of recent experience working with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments including databases, operating systems, application servers, web servers, messaging and message brokers, web services, workflow, security, and portals,
- Must have strong technical acumen with the ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies,
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to identify and estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives, and
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, teamwork, facilitation, consultation, and negotiation.
- Strong knowledge and experience with API technologies such as REST, gRPC, OpenAPI, and API first development,
- Recent working experience building web applications using responsive frameworks and user interface libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.,
- Knowledge and recent working experience with high traffic websites exposed to the Internet,
- Knowledge and experience architecting, and developing applications on mobile platforms such as iOS, and Android,
- Knowledge and experience developing applications using Xamarin, MAUI, Kotlin or other mobile app development frameworks,
- Knowledge and experience work with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Casandra,
- Knowledge and experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in Azure or AWS,
- Knowledge and experience with Java development platforms,
- Knowledge and experience with design and performance tuning of large databases, and
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise application integration technologies including Kafka, IBM WebSphere MQ, and Microsoft BizTalk Server.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Intermediate – Sr. Software Engineer – Retail Fresh Delivery
Join the Publix Retail Fresh Delivery team as an Intermediate or Sr. Software Engineer where you will be part of an agile team developing modern applications using responsive web and mobile technologies. The level hired will be dependent upon experience …Publix Technology
Lead .NET Software Engineer
Welcome to Publix Technology, the award-winning technical group for Publix Super Markets, Inc., the largest employee-owned company in the nation. Our technology teams of 2100+ associates provide cutting-edge, modern solutions to nearly 1400 retail stores and 200,000+ internal team members …Publix Technology
Lead Software Engineer – Publix Technology Store Accounting
The Publix Technology Store Accounting team is seeking a highly analytical Lead Software Engineer to join a collaborative team focused on development and modernization of complex financial systems.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years development experience, demonstrate …Publix Technology
IT Delivery Manager – Payment Services Fraud
The Payment Services Fraud Team is seeking an IT Delivery Manager to lead the team responsible for developing and supporting eCommerce Fraud Management and payments applications. This position will oversee the fraud management strategy for eCommerce and manage web and …