Senior Contracts Attorney (Technology)
Location: Lakeland, FL between Orlando and Tampa
Job ID: 26268BR
Department: Corporate Counsel
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2023
The Corporate Legal department at Publix provides a wide variety of services including responding to specific legal matters and developing compliance programs, policies, and guidelines. The department provides legal services across the entire company in areas such as real estate, food safety, pharmacy, environmental, occupational health and safety, e-commerce, energy, tax, trademarks, litigation management, and regulatory compliance.
The Senior Contracts Attorney (Technology) will manage all facets of technology-specific contract creation, review, and negotiation. Ideal candidates have deep knowledge of technology matters, high levels of applied judgement, and interpersonal skills to work productively when faced with challenging work situations and time pressures.
This is an office-based position located at Publix’s Lakeland, Florida, corporate office.
What you’ll do
- Manage all facets of the contract process including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts with a strong focus on technology contracts
- Advise and provide legal advice to internal departments regarding technological and various other legal matters
- Identify and assess legal risks arising from proposed technological and various other legal matters
- Serve on project teams as a subject matter expert on technology-related and various other legal and contract issues
- Juris Doctor degree
- At least five years of technology legal practice experience
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, or other bar association, and be a member in good standing
- In depth knowledge of cutting-edge technology and legal standards
- Knowledge of Publix’s business, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of standard and alternative contractual language
- Knowledge of potential legal and business risks
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding technology and contract issues, as well as other relevant laws and regulations
- Computer skills using Microsoft products as well as several database programs
- Ability to manage files with minimum supervision
- Ability to lead and manage resources and coordinate the efforts of others
- Ability to negotiate and be an advocate for Publix
- Ability to read and interpret legal and regulatory documents
Additional Required Qualifications
- Member of a state Bar with eight or more years of technology legal practice experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism, and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to diversity has contributed to our success in being a great place to work and shop. It’s satisfying to work for – and be an owner in – a Fortune 100 company that is widely recognized as a leader in the supermarket industry.
Senior Contracts Attorney (Technology)
The Corporate Legal department at Publix provides a wide variety of services including responding to specific legal matters and developing …Corporate Counsel
Pharmacy Compliance Field Investigator
The Pharmacy Compliance Field Investigator will be responsible for conducting retail pharmacy compliance investigations. These investigations will include staff interviews, …Corporate Counsel
Senior Healthcare/Privacy Attorney
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to …Publix Technology
Sr-Lead Software Engineer – Modernization
Our teams are growing as we modernize many of our legacy systems! As we transform many of these highly complex …