Motion Graphics Designer, Marketing – Lakeland
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 26625BR
Date Posted: Nov 07, 2023
The Motion Graphics Designer designs animated graphics, stop-motion animations, and video editing, applying to a wide variety of advertising campaigns for Publix social and digital marketing communications. This is done by concepting with Art Directors, Copywriters, and Designers, creating the motion assets and delivering them in the appropriate formats for our digital and social media partners. The Motion Graphics Designer must produce the highest quality work and ensure that the creative product remains current and ultimately delivers powerful results.
- Assisting Art Directors in driving creative concept development for all digital marketing and social media communications.
- Design execution of simple to complex motion-graphics assets for mid- to high-level projects. These assets include animated type, video edits, and special effects.
- Ensuring all work is of highest quality possible, technically and aesthetically excellent, and that work adheres to Publix brand standards.
- Repurposing established design solutions and adapting for digital or social channels.
- Developing complete low- to mid-level projects from concept to execution without the aid of an Art Director.
- Preparing final files for delivery and archiving.
- Fostering professional growth of fellow associates by providing mentoring and guidance to Sr. Graphic Designers, Graphic Designers, and Ad Production Designers.
- Associate’s degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience with motion graphics or as a Motion Graphics Designer, Animator, or 3D Artist
- Knowledge of motion design and animation theory and best practices
- Knowledge of concept and design development process
- Ability to tell stories through video editing and graphic design using appropriate timing, visuals, music, and sound
- Excellent typography skills
- Highly skilled in layout and composition
- Skilled in color theory
- Skilled in image retouching and color correction
- Ability to evaluate design execution for effectiveness against established creative concepts and brand standards
- Strategic thinker
- Knowledge of traditional and digital media channels (e.g., print, in-store, video, pre-roll, social, digital, adaptive/responsive websites, apps, etc.), including best practices, strengths, and limitations
- Knowledge of marketing/ advertising industry and trends
- Knowledge of various media strengths and limitations including digital communications, print communications, broadcast, radio, and their associated distribution processes
- Knowledge of the Publix brand positioning and lines of business
- Knowledge of Publix target customer, retail environments, and purchasing behaviors
- Knowledge of business objectives
- Creativity skills
- Effective communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to be proactive
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- Presentation skills
- Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere and After Effects
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- AutoDesk Maya or Cinema 4D
- 6 years’ experience with motion graphics or as a Motion Graphics Designer, Animator, or 3D Artist
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing – Lakeland
Passionate about digital marketing with a focus on paid search (SEM) marketing? The Digital Marketing Manager will take a lead …Marketing
Marketing Analytics Data Analyst – CRM, Marketing – Lakeland
Are you interested applying your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skillset to a Fortune 100 retailer? Do you have an innate …Marketing
Production Assistant, Creative Services – Lakeland
The Production Assistant is available during any stage of pre-production to post-production to assist with all aspects of production. During …Marketing
Manager, Multichannel Analytics, Marketing – Lakeland
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We hold no long-term debt and continue to …