IT Delivery Manager – PIMS Modernization
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27673BR
Department: Publix Technology
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2024
The Publix Item Management System (PIMS) I/T Modernization team is expanding and is seeking IT Delivery Managers to lead the Enterprise Tax and Enterprise Item Attribute teams. Candidates will be considered for each position based on their qualifications.
These positions will manage and oversee their respective teams with the following responsibilities.
- Manage and oversee a team of highly skilled and motivated software engineers.
- Design, oversee and maintain the strategy for systems owned by the team.
- Manage application development for systems owned by the team.
- Manage the development and delivery of software utilizing multiple development and database tools and technologies.
- Plan development projects for the team including resource allocation and milestones to meet business area needs and IT requirements.
- Manage application support for systems owned by the team.
- Provide oversight of the application development processes to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Development, Engineering, and Security teams to ensure execution of overall application strategy.
- Ensure adherence to security best practices and standards for various platforms and applications.
- Lead critical efforts to develop and support complex systems and initiatives by overseeing requirements, design, development, and implementation; instruct, direct, and audit the development and support work of others.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with business area representatives and other Technology teams to remain in sync on direction and future development requests.
- Perform human resource management duties, including hiring, training, performance monitoring and improvement, career counseling, pay reviews, promotions, terminations, and work prioritization for assigned associates.
- Facilitate the creation of a team environment.
- Available on-call and after hours as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Management, Engineering, or other analytical disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight years of technology related experience
- Minimum of five years leadership experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
- Demonstrated leadership in IT project management; experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Successfully developed and implemented or supported applications in new computing architecture environments, using new and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline, high-performance work teams.
- Developed efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Experience and knowledge of problem management, change management, and other I/S processes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve complex business and technical issues.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with human resource management, including knowledge of team dynamics, team building concepts, and human resource policies.
- Basic knowledge of financial management and budgeting
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity, self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- Ten years of IT experience, including development, maintenance, or support of large-scale integrated solutions
- Experience with supporting large-scale applications within a 24/7 environment; willingness to work extended/off hours unexpectedly if critical issues arise.
- Experience with modern systems architecture including Azure, API driven integrations, and/or microservices.
- Experience with developing and supporting high volume, mission-critical applications with .NET, ASP.NET, C# and SQL
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and Kafka
- Experience with SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of legacy PIMS and PIMS Publishing
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple assignments with similar deadlines.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Senior-Lead Software Engineer – SIIMS
Join the Store Item Inventory Management System (SIIMS) team where you will be part of an agile team developing modern applications using responsive web and mobile technologies. You will be responsible for playing a key role interacting with enterprise teams …Publix Technology
Principal Engineer- Infrastructure Product Engineering
The following position is now available in the Infrastructure Platform Engineering area of Publix Technology:IS Principal Engineer IThe Instructure Platform Engineering Team is responsible for defining, developing, implementing, maintaining, and advising on the effective use of the Publix VMware based …Publix Technology
Lead .NET Software Engineer
Welcome to Publix Technology, the award-winning technical group for Publix Super Markets, Inc., the largest employee-owned company in the nation. Our technology teams of 2100+ associates provide cutting-edge, modern solutions to nearly 1400 retail stores and 200,000+ internal team members …Publix Technology
Sr Business Systems Analyst – Pharmacy Data Analytics & Compliance
Join the Publix Technology Team as a Sr Business Systems Analyst in the Product Owner role where you will be part of a fast-paced, agile team leveraging Azure Cloud data analytics, reporting processes, and user interfaces. You will be responsible …