IT Delivery Manager – Pharmacy Mobile Apps
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27671BR
Department: Publix Technology
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Date Posted: Feb 08, 2024
We are looking for a technical leader to oversee the development of Pharmacy mobile applications.
- Lead the development and delivery of the Pharmacy mobile application on iOS and Android platforms, which empowers our customers to connect with the Publix Pharmacy through their smartphones and tablets to review the details and status of their prescriptions, request refills and prescription renewals, pay for prescription orders, and request delivery, in-person pickup, or curbside pickup.
- Lead a dedicated team of professionals, including traditional management duties such as hiring, training, mentoring, performance monitoring and improvement, career counseling, pay reviews, promotion, termination, and work prioritization.
- Plan software development projects to deliver a best-in-class customer experience on-time and within-budget.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with business leaders to remain in sync on the direction of the pharmacy business and opportunities to provide excellent customer service through our mobile app.
- Manage critical incidents and problems, including communication and escalation to IT and business leaders.
- Facilitate a collaboration-focused team environment and inspire confidence through demonstrated technical prowess.
- Participate in establishing departmental processes, KPIs, and measurement reporting; manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure a first-class app user experience for all customers.
- Stay abreast of current business and technology trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Management, Engineering, or other analytical disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience, including development, implementation, and maintenance of customer facing Mobile Applications.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
- Demonstrated leadership in IT project management; experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Successfully developed and implemented or supported applications in new computing architecture environments, using new and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline, high-performance work teams.
- Developed efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve complex business and technical issues.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with human resource management, including knowledge of team dynamics, team building concepts, and human resource policies.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on software development experience (including writing code)
- 3 Years experience writing code for iOS or Android platforms.
- 10 years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions for system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Strong understanding of the best practices of app design and supporting iPhone layouts via Storyboards and Auto Layout.
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Strong familiarity with architecture and design patterns, including but not limited to Reactive Programming, Dependency Injection, Singleton pattern, MVC, MVVM, and MVP.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of version control systems such as Git.
- Experience submitting mobile applications to Apple App Store and Google Play Store for public release.
- Familiarity with RESTful API interfaces and contracts.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience supporting customer facing Mobile Applications within a 24/7 environment.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Intermediate Software Engineer – Publix Technology Store Accounting
The Publix Technology Store Accounting team is seeking a highly analytical Intermediate Software Engineer to join a collaborative team focused on development and modernization of complex financial systems.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years development experience, demonstrate …Publix Technology
Lead Software Engineer – AI/ML Services
This associate will be working on the Data and AI Services team to help drive AI innovation, enablement, and insights at Publix. They will build solutions using Large Language Models, AI services, and machine learning. They will be working with …Publix Technology
Intermediate – Sr. Software Engineer – Retail Fresh Delivery
Join the Publix Retail Fresh Delivery team as an Intermediate or Sr. Software Engineer where you will be part of an agile team developing modern applications using responsive web and mobile technologies. The level hired will be dependent upon experience …Publix Technology
IT Delivery Manager – PIMS Modernization
The Publix Item Management System (PIMS) I/T Modernization team is expanding and is seeking IT Delivery Managers to lead the Enterprise Tax and Enterprise Item Attribute teams. Candidates will be considered for each position based on their qualifications. These positions …