Intern – Industrial Safety
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 27313BR
Department: Industrial Safety
Working Hours: 8am-4:30pm
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2024
At Publix, we are committed to making a difference and it’s our pleasure to continuously develop our most valuable resource– our associates. The Publix Summer Internship Program prepares young professionals for a smorgasbord of opportunity in the workplace through relationship building, development of self-confidence, and insight into industry knowledge.
Since the inception of the program in 2007, Publix empowers interns to share, lead, and implement their creative ideas, projects, and unique contributions towards our organization and the communities we serve.
Over the course of 10 weeks, interns are immersed in consequential department projects which allow them to apply academic concepts learned in the classroom to a real-world, corporate setting. The intern cohort participates in several exclusive events including meeting with Publix executives, volunteering in a local community service event, touring manufacturing and distribution facilities, and giving an end-of-summer presentation to Publix leaders. This summer, the program will occur from May 20 through July 26 at our company facilities in Lakeland, Florida. Interns are offered competitive pay and are generally expected to work onsite 40 hours per week, although this varies by department. Additionally, we partner with Florida Southern College to provide free housing for our out-of-town interns.
Come join an organization consistently ranked as a great place to work and make valuable contributions through an inimitable experience helping you grow professionally and personally. Add your story to the Publix legacy and apply today.
The industrial safety intern works in collaboration with managers and supervisors to identify and mitigate risks. Within the department, the intern will have several responsibilities.
What you’ll do
- Analyze incident data from case management sources to identify patterns, detect trends, and to establish causal relationships within those metrics.
- Perform a work study on incident reporting data and processes and presenting that trend analysis
- Decipher the impact that in-task messaging has on injury frequency in the Retail and Industrial environment
- Conduct or validate various job safety analyses within distribution warehouses and manufacturing plants
- Participate in both large and small group training sessions
- Assist with the weekly safety assessment process.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s in Occupational Safety, Safety, Safety Management, Fire Protection and Safety Engineering or similar discipline and be a current sophomore or above (rising junior or above as of the program start in Summer 2024)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to review and analyze trends within a data set
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact and judgment, and the ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must have and wear safety toe footwear
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Current Publix associate
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse setting
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Intern – Industrial Safety
Program Introduction At Publix, we are committed to making a difference and it's our pleasure to continuously develop our most valuable resource-- our associates. The Publix Summer Internship Program prepares young professionals for a smorgasbord of opportunity in the workplace …Publix Technology
Sr Business Systems Analyst – POS Development
Join the Publix Technology team as a Sr. Business Systems Analyst where you will be part of a fast-paced team working on the point-of-sale system. You will play a key role interacting with enterprise teams and product management to analyze …Industrial Refrigeration
Refrigeration Technician, AM, Industrial Maintenance – Atlanta
Join the Publix Industrial Refrigeration team as a Refrigeration Technician! You’ll help service ammonia refrigeration systems in our refrigerated warehouses and manufacturing facilities to maintain a climate-controlled environment and keep foods and beverages fresh. Refrigeration Technicians perform preventive maintenance that …Distribution
Dock Person, Non-Refrigerated – Lakeland
Operating Powered Industrial TrucksAccurately loading and securing pallets of outbound product for safe transportationEnsuring all pallets and totes are accurately accounted for on the correct trailer per the load sheets for delivery to retailLoading special orders and credits/outs and merging …