Financial Business Consultant, Corporate Support, BAR – Lakeland
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job ID: 26557BR
Department: Business Analysis & Reporting
Date Posted: Nov 06, 2023
The Financial Business Consultant on the Risk Management/Loss Prevention & Safety team will be responsible for providing financial consultation to the Risk & Loss Prevention leadership teams through extensive knowledge of risk management data sources and Power BI to develop trend and cost modeling, insights and recommendations which allows for better decision-making.
- Providing financial consultation and analytical business support to the Risk Management and LP departments.
- Developing, enhancing and analyzing reports prepared for the VP Risk Management and Directors, LP Management, Corporate Executive Management, Retail VPs, RDs, DMs and Store Managers.
- Analyzing data from a variety of sources, interpreting trends and providing financial consultation and recommendations to enable fact-based decision-making by business area managers and the Director of LP.
- Participating in the consultation with project teams in discussions regarding the financial and business implications of various initiatives, gaining insights, providing financial expertise, and facilitating decision-making.
- Developing an extensive understanding of risk management data sources such as claims data files, Assure Claims, Assure Claims Business Analytics, SAP, DB2, Executive Strategy Manager to develop enhanced data analytics.
- Developing into a financial SME for Power BI, which includes defining the requirements and queries for Risk Management to capture massive amounts of data that will provide analytics, modeling and reporting to generate insights on trends and allow for better decision-making and understanding of contributing factors that drive costs of workers’ compensation and insurance.
- Collaborating with IT, BAR consultants and suppliers to design, test and implement new or upgraded systems and reporting, such as Assure Claims and Power BI.
- Supporting Quality Decision Process (QDP) projects by participating in the analysis of initiatives, quantifying and tracking costs and benefits and preparing or updating financial summaries for review by senior management.
- Supporting investment decisions on cross-functional projects to determine IRR/NPV by estimating costs and benefits for review and approval by senior management.
- Researching and communicating transaction details as requested for Risk Management and LP.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for financial information.
- Annual preparation of the Operating Cost Plan for LP, as well as quarterly variance analysis. The incumbent will consult with the Director of LP and management during both the planning and quarterly review periods to discuss key areas of interest.
- Providing support for the Risk Management and LP Strategy Review Meetings (SRMs).
- Reviewing routine reports prepared by Business Analysts – Risk Mgmt/LP.
- Mentoring and training the Business Analyst(s) – Risk Mgmt/LP and other associates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management or another analytical discipline
- 5 years of relevant business experience in risk management, insurance, financial accounting and/or data analytics
- Knowledge of accounting principles, general business practices, and financial statements
- Leadership skills
- Consulting skills
- Computer and data management skills
- Supervision skills, including coaching and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to validate data and integrate data and information into analysis
- Oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with and gather information from department managers
- Written communication skills and the ability to prepare reports, make presentations and be persuasive in suggested actions
- Problem solving skills and the ability to synthesize information to create conclusions, alternatives and recommendations
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize workload by assessing needs and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to manage a fluctuating workload and tight deadlines by working extended hours and/or weekends during significant financial accounting and reporting cycles
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Master of Accountancy
- 8 years of relevant business experience and associate supervision experience
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional (FPAC)
- Knowledge of major Publix systems and the inter-relationships of those systems including SAP
- Knowledge of various business areas and their functions to include subject matter experts
- Knowledge of/and commitment to the QIP process and methodologies
- Knowledge of APT Test & Learn
- Knowledge of types of claims and accident causes
- Knowledge of the legal bill review process
- Intermediate skills in Assure Claims Business Analytics/ViaOne or similar claims retrieval tools
- Basic skills in SAP Finance and SAP BPC
- Basic skills in Executive Strategy Manager (ESM)
- Basic skills in Power BI
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
Financial Business Consultant, Corporate Support, BAR – Lakeland
The Financial Business Consultant on the Risk Management/Loss Prevention & Safety team will be responsible for providing financial consultation to …Publix Technology
ISTS Support Technician – St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL
This position will provide IT technical support for the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area(s) to primarily include installation, and repair and preventive …Pharmacy
Assistant Pharmacy Manager
As a Publix Pharmacy Associate, you’ll see how very satisfying it is to work for a company that is passionately …Distribution
Fuel Operator, AM – Miami
Performing a number of functions on a variety of fleet vehicles and equipment; as well as industrial equipment; according to …