Facilities Equipment Technician 2 – Southwest Metro Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job ID: 27242BR
Working Hours: 40 hours per week.
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2024
The purpose of this position is to support our retail stores by performing repairs and preventative maintenance on production equipment in the Bakery, Produce, Meat departments, Deli, and common areas.
- Responsible for evaluating and making repairs on Retail equipment
- Responsible for providing support to our New stores, Remodels and PAD Programs for our company
- Responsible for housekeeping, which includes vehicle inventory and cleaning, credit card statements and other paperwork associated with this position.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Three years’ experience in using mechanical/electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis of food preparation equipment.
- Must be at least 20 years old and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Must have or obtain Natural/Propane Gas certifications within 180 days of hire
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 when an emergency arises
- Willingness to travel to stores throughout the retail division, including nights, weekend, Holidays, overnight stays and extended periods of time as required.
- Basic knowledge in Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Basic knowledge in Food Safety
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all equipment being serviced. This includes Electrical, Plumbing, Brazing, Mechanical,
Natural and Propane Gas
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written or electronic format
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel)
- Good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and a
- Commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- Degree in electrical motor control repairs from an Industrial Mechanical Trade School
- Six or more years’ experience with mechanical/electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Knowledge of CMMS computer program
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental and vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Visit our website to see all of our benefits: Benefits – Jobs (publix.com)
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
- This position covers Southwest Atlanta in the following counties, Coweta and Fayette, applicant must reside within this area.
- Extensive travel required during training
- Must supply own hand tools
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Refrigeration Technician Sr Field Supervisor – Jacksonville/St Johns
We are currently seeking a Senior Field Supervisor to join our Jacksonville, FL Facilities Refrigeration and Energy Management team! The purpose of this position is to manage, supervise, and schedule the execution of all aspects of HVAC and refrigeration system …Facilities
Refrigeration Hardware Technician 1, Facilities Refrig – FT. Myers
We are seeking a Refrigeration Hardware Technician 1 to join our Facilities Refrigeration team! The Refrigeration Hardware Technician 1 supports retail refrigeration operations by performing refrigeration hardware preventive maintenance and executing daily refrigeration hardware service requests for retail stores. Apply …Facilities
Warehouse Parts Person – Facilities – Jacksonville
To receive, stock, pick, dispatch and ship Parts/Equipment orders for internal and external customers to support our Retail stores, Coordinators, Mechanics, Technicians, Warehouses and Office buildings. This position is also responsible for receiving new, repaired, or faulty equipment by loading …Facilities
Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities – Atlanta
The Maintenance Supervisor provides oversight and direction for multiple associates within Publix Facility Services maintenance teams. The incumbent manages sub-departments responsible for internal operations and supplier management required to maintain Publix facilities for all divisional retail stores. The Maintenance Supervisor …